Concentration, Dharana, gives the ability to focus awareness on any given object, gross or subtle.
To hold the mind still is known as concentration. The pure, exclusive thought “I AM He’, Pure Consciousness, is called contemplation. When the very thought of contemplation subsides, this is known as absorption (Samadhi).
Dharana Sakti Kriya (Concentration on Energy)
Sakti Kriya utilizes the trinity of prana (breath), mantra (sound), and pasyanti (light) to develop concentration power. It is also known as kundalini-in-action. This trinity is a powerful tool to focus and calm the mind. It serves as a bridge to cross from the outer world into the inner world.
Nada Pasyanti Variation 1
- Sit in a comfortable position, with spine lengthened. If needed or as an option, recline.
- Visualize energy (kundalini) as a brilliant white light at the base of the spine.
- Inhale with the mental mantra of OM; see the light extend to the crown cakra.
- Exhale with the mantra of AH using an aspirated breath or pronouncing it mentally.
- During the exhalation, light expands from the crown cakra surrounding the body in the aura of white light.
The light is limitless and the cosmic sound is continuous.
Feel the expansiveness of consciousness
as the energy permeates the body, mind, and spirit.
OM is the mantra for the Universal Energy.
AH is the mantra for sahasrara cakra (crown energy center)
which represents Universal Consciousness.