To certify to teach TriYoga, enroll in the internship program. Enrollment is by level and includes the teaching manual for that level. Begin with Basics.
Ongoing teacher training is offered at TriYoga Centers and other locations internationally. The certification process insures that the intern develops a strong foundation in TriYoga, as well as excellent teaching skills. In this way, one integrates the depth of knowledge necessary to present the teachings with integrity. The length of time needed to certify depends on the teacher training program selected, experience, ability and time dedicated to the process.
To accommodate different learning styles and scheduling needs, various options for study are available. For example, one may participate in teacher training weekends or longer trainings, short-term or ongoing study. Private, semi-private, and group classes may be arranged with TriYoga teacher training staff. Please participate in any way that meets your needs and goals.
TriYoga 200 (and 300)-hour certification programs meet Yoga Alliance standards.
- The Certification Handbook includes information on the internship program, methods to work toward certification for the 150- or 200-hour Basics certification program (and the advanced 300-hour programs), tables that give an easy-to-understand overview of requirements, descriptions of required and elective course offerings, certification criteria, professional and business support for TriYoga teachers, tuition overview, and various applications and forms. To locate specific information, click on the page number in the Table of Contents (TOC). Also, there is a link at the bottom of each page to return to the TOC.
- Return the completed internship application, signed copyright statement and nondisclosure agreement electronically or by mail to TriYoga International (TYI).
- When TYI receives your application (and fee), the teaching manual will be sent to you.
- Continue to attend the teacher trainings that you enrolled in, attend classes, study technique, alignment, and teaching skills. Follow the Certification Handbook and guidance from the the teacher trainer to prepare for certification.
- Submit your certification application (and fee) when you and your recommending teacher trainer feel that you have met the certification criteria.
- Take the certification exam.
Prana Vidya Certification
Prana Vidya certification is the same process as other teaching certification. Begin with certification in Prana Vidya Basics.
- Register as an intern and receive the Prana Vidya manual.
- Take Prana Vidya teacher training, courses and classes, (or work privately with guidance), in person or online.
- When ready for certification evaluation, submit the Prana Vidya certification application (and fee) to TYI.
- Arrange a certification exam with a senior-level teacher certified in that Prana Vidya level —TYI can arrange this if requested.